Berita Program Studi
- Yudisium Program Studi Bahasa Inggris 2017
- Table Manner for 2nd Semester of English Department Students
- Tourism Practice for 5th Semester Students of English Department
- English Department Study Excursion 2016 Event
- Beauty Class Event English Department 2016
- Kegiatan Table Manner Program Studi Bahasa Inggris 2016
- Update Jadwal Kuliah Bahasa Inggris 2015/2016
Info Program Studi
- Jadwal Semester Gasal Tahun Ajaran 2016/2017
- Daftar DPA Bahasa Inggris angkatan 2016
- Daftar DPA Bahasa Inggris Angkatan 2014 dan Angkatan 2015
- Form Bimbingan Akademik Tahun 2016
- Lampiran Pedoman Tugas Akhir 2017
- Pengumuman Tugas Akhir 2017
- Jadwal Perkuliahan Semester Genap Tahun Ajaran 2016/2017
- Contoh Proposal PKL bidang Jurnalistik 2017
- Contoh Proposal PKL bidang Public Relations 2017
- Pedoman dan Lampiran PKL Tahun 2017
- Alur Pelaksanaan PKL BI 2017
- Pengumuman Ujian TA
- Jadwal Perkuliahan Semester Gasal Tahun Ajaran 2017/2018
- Daftar DPA Mahasiswa Angkatan 2017
- Jadwal UAS Semester Gasal Tahun Ajaran 2017/2018
- Pengumuman Proposal TA
- Sistematika Penulisan Proposal TA
- Form Revisi dan Penilaian Kelayakan Proposal TA
- Form Bimbingan Akademik Tahun Ajaran 2017/2018
- Jadwal Kuliah Semeseter Genap Tahun Ajaran 2017/2018
- Daftar Dosen Pembimbing dan Judul Tugas Akhir 2018
- Jadwal Ujian TA Prodi BI
Table Manner for 2nd Semester of English Department Students
Ethics of association of national and international scale can not be separated from the ordinance or ”TABLE MANNERS”.Eating ethics or table manners is a rule that must be done when dinning together at the dinner table. Learning table etiquette is not just about eating etiquette or eating utensils. Mastering the table manner is also from of self image, even proffesionalism. A good understanding of the table manner even affects the success of a career or bussiness.
On the 17th of May, Wednesday, the students of second semester English Department attended table manner at Aston Hotel Madiun. Table manner is a routine activity that becomes an annual activity of english student. We joined table manner event with our senior students from Bussiness Administration, the forth semester. We entered Aston Hotel at 8 o’clock and waited in front of balroom until at 9 o’clock. We entered Bima Grand Balroom and we were sat at table set by the commitee.We were greeted by marketting manager of Aston Hotel,mr Aji. He explained the sequence of activities during table manner event
The activities details are as follow:
1. Presentation from ASTON Management about the history of ASTON, the various of the luxurious hotel.
There are : Fave hotel, Neo Hotel, Quest Hotel, Harper Hotel, Royal Alana, ASTON, and Royal Kamuela.
2. Hotel Tour
In this activity, we are invited to go to around the hotel and see the facilities there. The guide from Aston showing and explaining us about the facilities and let us try some facilities such as :
- Junior Suite Room
- President Suite Room
- Swimming Pool
- Cake Corner
3. Table Manner Event
For the next activity, we start the table manner event. The waitress serving us the appetizer, the appetizer is bread with butter cream. The second menu is shrimp salad. The third menu is soup. The fourth menu is beef steak as the main course. The last menu is strawberry cake as the dessert.
- Main course (steak)
- Dessert (Strawberry Cake)
When we ate all the menu, we use some equipment that have each function. Like we use the bread knife for greasing the butter into the bread, for cocktail we use fork and knife salad, and for soup we use soup spoon, for the main course we use fork and knife steak, and the last for the dessert we use a small dessert spoon and fork.
4. Question and answer from ASTON HOTEL
All of participants and lecturers freely to ask some questions everything about Table Manner
The Purpose of Table Manners are for :
- Showing us about the right step how to eat with the same attitude in the special event or some event like official event.
- Telling us how to use tableware, when we can use the tableware and kind of tableware that we use for some menu.
- Telling about some attitude when we eat in the official or special event.
- Showing us some foods that usually served for official event.
photo by Elia and Ridho